VIMS Outreach Volunteers help create lasting connections with public audiences through fun and educational programs that communicate the relevance of VIMS research. Outreach Volunteers help staff VIMS exhibits at fairs and festivals, lead tours of VIMS facilities, serve as docents in the VIMS Visitors Center, and assist with special programs such as Marine Science Day, Activity Days, and After Hours lectures. All Outreach Volunteers receive training in VIMS background information and Visitors Center interpretation. Volunteers wishing to lead tours, staff exhibits, or help with special programs receive additional training.
Once your application is received, you will be contacted to provide three references and set up a time for an interview.
Requirements to serve as an Outreach Volunteer include:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Attend required training sessions
- Complete at least 15 hours of volunteer service per year
- Complete at least 8 hours of continuing education/training per year
- Be friendly and have effective communication skills
- Be comfortable in a dynamic environment
- Have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Use a computer and the internet to check emails and sign up for volunteer opportunities
- Provide excellent customer service to event attendees and represent VIMS in a positive and professional manner
For questions about this opportunity, contact Sally Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-684-7010.
1375 Greate Rd
Gloucester VA, 23062
There are no attachments.