The Parent and Family Council (PFC) is a select group of parent volunteers who serve as the advisory board to the Division of Student Affairs at William & Mary. Members participate in targeted development and outreach activities, provide parents' perspectives to senior College administrators, and support the College financially at a leadership level. They attend special parent outreach functions and encourage other parents to become involved in ways that support the College's priorities. Members provide feedback during conference calls of the Council's three subcommittees (Philanthropy, Career, and Community Engagement) on a quarterly basis. At the biannual PFC meetings, members meet faculty and administrators in small group settings, provide helpful feedback, and learn about College initiatives and priorities.
CONTRIBUTE time, talent and treasure to support William & Mary
- Make a minimum annual gift of $10,000 to the Parents Fund.
- Encourage others to support the College by identifying, meeting, or soliciting parents.
- Attend bi-annual PFC meetings and share opinions on College initiatives.
- Join at least one subcommittee focusing on one of three key areas: Philanthropy, Community Engagement, and Career.
PRESENT the College's vision to those inside and outside the university community
- Serve as ambassadors and advocate for William & Mary whenever possible.
- Host and attend parent receptions, dinners, lectures or other gatherings.
FOSTER the education and enrichment of William & Mary students and families
- Help the College identify and secure career opportunities (jobs, internships, shadowing) for students, and help identify other opportunities for students.
- Engage with your local William & Mary Community, welcome new families, and become resources for other parents.
SERVE on any of the Parent & Family Council Subcommittees:
- Philanthropy Subcommittee: Members nurture a culture of philanthropy and work with staff to assure that all donations of time and money are respected and honored.
- Community Engagement Subcommittee: Members nurture a culture of connectivity and belonging among William & Mary families, and welcome new families to the Tribe.
- Career Subcommittee: Members foster recognition that William & Mary's community provides many opportunities for mentorship, career development and growth, and the hiring of Tribe students and alumni for full-time employment, internships, and externships.
There are no attachments.