During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are seeking medical volunteers to prevent and prepare for a potential outbreak in the shelter.
The medical volunteer working in the secondary screening area will check client''s temperature and provide a clinical assessment for clients who have been identified as having symptoms (fever, new dry cough, difficulty breathing) by DI staff.
People without a fixed address do not have their own homes to self-isolate, so we must take all precaution to prevent the spread.
The population we serve have complex needs and comorbidities, including:
- High percentage of mental health concerns, with associated behaviours from schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, personality disorder, and other related conditions
- Substance use and addiction and if isolated, people will go into forced detox and/or will be at high-risk for overdosing if substances are acquired
- Pre-existing physical health issues such as wounds, COPD, chronic disease and complex pharmaceutical needs
Requirements: MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS ONLY
- Medical professionals (RN, LPN, NP, or MD) who are licenced to work in Alberta, Canada
- Experience working with individuals in detox an asset
At this time, we are unable to accommodate students or practicum students. We thank everyone for thinking of us and their interest in supporting this vulnerable population.
Please park on the south side of the building, right in front of the main entrance, where marked "Reserved Parking" as this is for our Volunteers.
Vehicles parked on our premises are left at your own discretion and the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre will not be held responsible for damage to personal property.
1 Dermot Baldwin Way SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0P8