- Pediatrician to work at Gambella Hospital to properly evaluate diseases and injuries to diagnose, treat and help prevent newborn and under-five children
- Organize pediatrics ward and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Coach and mentor physician and neonatal nurse/nurses who are assigned in the pediatrics wards and NICU to provide quality health care using the appropriate national protocols and procedures
- Visit neonatal intensive care unit two time per week and mentor & coach two general practitioner and 10 neonatal nurses on helping babies breathe implementation and infection control protocols
- Visit pediatrics ward two time per week and mentor and coach general practice and 10 nurses/neonatal nurses'' childhood illness and injuries case management and referral
- Actively participate on morning sessions two times per week and work with other specialist to use the session as learning and sharing opportunity in providing guidance and advice for hospital health care providers on quality newborn and child healthcare service provision by presenting presents a challenging pediatric case.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to medical director by identify problem such commodities, equipment, instruments, and supplies which are crucial for NICU and pediatrics ward
- Bring administrative and management related issues that affect quality newborn and child health care provision to the attention of medical directors for deliberation every weeks
Accommodation and Volunteer Information:
All costs for volunteer are covered by Project HOPE which includes roundtrip flight, ground transportation, accommodations, and meals.
Immediate for 1-3 months availability
- Experience working in a developing nation