Project HOPE's Communications team is responsible for sharing content, communicating with the media, and strengthening HOPE's website and social media presence. This position will work directly with the Director of Communications and will assist with media pitching, social media, content gathering, and writing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with projects such as the following:
- Support efforts to increase awareness of, and commitment to, our mission by assisting in the creation of traditional and digital media relations strategies
- Create social media collateral and assist in analyzing engagement
- Track and identify media, create media lists, write media pitches
- Gather content from Project HOPE activities around the world
- Draft and edit written materials such as press releases and blog posts
- Assist in editorial calendar planning
- Assist with website migration
- Perform quality control on the website
Fall 2018, serving 10-20 hours per week
This is an unpaid internship. Intern must be able to receive college credit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your interest in this position, and confirming that you can receive college credit. Additionally, please include a short (two pages or less) writing sample. All documents should be submitted as PDFs. Email applications to Geraldine Carroll at email@example.com.
Project HOPE's Bethesda office is located one block from the Bethesda metro station.
- Interest in, and familiarity with, strategic communications, traditional media strategies, digital media (including blogs, Twitter, Facebook, etc.), and/or public relations;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- A strong critical thinker who is self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills and attention to detail; and
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of social media tracking and web analytics platforms
- Photo and video editing proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere a plus
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus