The level of infections statistically is the same when compared to that of other developing countries. In order to take precautions to minimize it, actions must be taken immediately. Especially now that two major construction projects are at its initiating phase.
· Construction phase of the building of facilities for Intensive Medical Care
· Construction of the Pediatric and Pediatric Surgery Hospital
Hence, the arrival of an expert is crucial, for the training of local staff for prevention of infections along with the team for intra-hospital infections in University Clinical Centre of Kosovo.
Accommodation and Volunteer Information:
Lodging will be provided to volunteers at no cost at an apartment in the clinic. Volunteers are responsible for cost of meals and incidentals.
- Volunteer is responsible to arrange and pay for roundtrip flight.
- Complimentary airport transportation will be made available at the beginning and end of the stay.
- Volunteers should obtain temporary traveler's health insurance for the duration of their stay.
- Visit CIA World Factbook and CDC Travelers' Health to learn more about traveling to Kosovo.
Provided by Project HOPE
- Standard Project HOPE t-shirt, hat, and reusable nametag
- Medical evacuation insurance
Minimum of 3 weeks
Intra-hospital infections are increasingly becoming more of an issue which appears to be an issue around the world. As such, Kosovo is also dealing with this problem, see below statistics affecting various departments:
· Neonatology, the level of intra-hospital infections ranges from 10-12%
· Intensive Medical care, the level of intra-hospital infections is at 50%
Infectious Control Expert
Licensing / Credentials Preferred:
Copy of valid medical licenses and certifications
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time